It will interest us to let you know that the Federal Government have approved the creation of additional 20 private University in different states in Nigeria.
Upon the establishment of 20 private universities, the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, made the news known during his briefing of the state House correspondents on the outcome of the Council meeting which was presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari in Abuja on Wednesday.
The Minister of Education in the person of Adamu Adamu, went on to say that the approved universities will get their provisional licenses from the National Universities Commission (NUC). be rest assured that the license is valid for three years.
So, therefore, within the duration of the three years period, NUC officials will be monitoring the institution and evaluate it. This will help them know how the new schools are ben fairing. We will be listing out the 20 schools below so that you will be able to know them.
New 20 Approved Private Universities in Nigeria
- Mudiame University, Irrua, Edo,
- Havilla University, Nde-Ikom, Cross River state.
- Claretian University of Nigeria, Nekede, Imo state.
- NOK University, Kachia, Kaduna State
- Karl-Kumm University, Vom, Plateau
- Topfaith University, Mkpatak, Akwa Ibom,
- Thomas Adewumi University, Oko-Irese, Kwara,
- Maranatha University, Mgbidi, Imo,
- Ave Maria University, Piyanko, Nasarawa State
- Khadija University, Majia, Jigawa
- Anan University, Kwall, Plateau
- Al-Istiqama University, Sumaila, Kano State
- James Hope University, Lagos, Lagos State
- Maryam Abacha American University of Nigeria, Kano, Kano State
- Capital City University, Kano, Kano State
- Ahman Pategi University, Pategi, Kwara
- University of Offa, Offa, Kwara, also got provisional approval
- Mewar University, Masaka, Nasarawa State
- Edusoko University, Bida, Niger
- Philomath University, Kuje, Abuja
Please have it at the back of your mind that 9 private universities are located in North Central, 3 in South-South, 2 in South East, 5 in North West, and 1 in South West. The private Universities have increased from the initial 79 to 99 currently.