If you have dreams of migrating to Canada, you are in the right place. We’ll provide you with every information you need on how migrating to Canada works through Express Entry System.
All you need to know about Express Entry System
The Express Entry System is an electronic system that governs and refines applications that are collected by three of the federal economic immigration programs for skilled workers in Canada.
Interested candidates are expected to submit a profile online, the federal government determines if the candidate is eligible for the program managed by Express Entry.
Qualified candidates are accepted into the pool and are ranked by their Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
Every two weeks, candidates with the highest scores are chosen by the Canadian government and provided with an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence.
- Canadian Student Visa.
- How to Study and Work in Canada.
- Fastest Ways to Immigrate to Canada.
- Canadian Professional & Skilled Workers Program.
How Express Entry Work
- Express Entry forms are filled out online by eligible candidates.
Express Entry Canada program, requires competent candidates to complete a profile that contains details about themselves including education, language ability, skills, and knowledge about their previous work among others online.
When one or more of the required standards by federal economic immigration programs under Express Entry are met by candidates they will be selected into a reservoir of eligible candidates.
They would be given a score as ranked by their profile and will be rated against other candidates who are competent in the reservoir to choose the best.
The comparing score for the Express Entry is as ascertained on the Comprehensive System (CRS) and is out of 1, 200 points.
Candidates who are ranked the highest are those with qualifying job offers either from a provincial/ territory nomination or Canadian employer.
From there they would be given a formal invitation so that they can apply for permanent residency.
- Successful candidates who are ranked highest in the reservoir are invited for permanent residency application through an ITA Invitation to Apply). Other successful Candidates would also be invited by the Government and Permanent Residency would then be Processed.
Successively, a total of 60 days would be given to them for their electronic application. Through one of the following programs the electronic application will be submitted;
1. Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP),
2. Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP),
3. Provincial Nominee Program(PNP)
4. Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
Most of the applications submitted are quickly pushed through by CIC, with the expectation that many would be completed in the space of six months.
Who can we say is Eligible for Express Entry?
You should bear in mind that the criteria which make one eligible for Express Entry vary because it’s spending on the type of program you might be applying for.
Certainly, all programs require that you be legally admissible to Canada to reside in a district other than Quebec.
Here is an overview of what is needed for each of these three economic programs;
Federal Skilled Workers Program;
This is Canada’s primary economic immigration pathway.
It requires one to first meet the minimum requirements in language proficiency, work experience, and education before applying for Federal Skilled Workers Programs.
- Candidates must have had a minimum of one year consecutive full-time or comparable part-time paid work in a similar job in the last 10 years and the job should be of skill levels A or B or skill type 0 of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC).
- Requirements for language include evidence of Canadian Language Benchmark 7 in the form of CIC-approved language test results from within the last two years.
- Candidates should possess a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate or a completed foreign credential and an assessment of that credential from a CIC
Other requirements are
- Canadian Employer job offer
- The applicant’s discerned proficiency to harmonize in Canada
- Candidates should also be able to prove that they have the financial capacity to support themselves as well as their family except they have legally worked in or have an entitled job proposal from a Canadian employer
Federal Skilled Trades Program:
This is a program for candidates who intend to reside permanently in Canada as a result of their experience in a skilled trade.
- A minimum of 2 years of full-time work experience in a skilled trade within the 5 years of application must be possessed by candidates.
- Candidates must also demonstrate that they have experience conducting the duties for a capable skilled trade designed by the National Occupation Classification (NOC) in Major Group 72, 72, 82, or 92, or Minor Group 632 or 633.
- Candidates must meet the minimum language knowledge criteria; this may be lower than those for skilled worker’s program
- Candidates should also have an invitation to a full-time job for a minimum of a year or be approved in their skilled trade by a provincial or territorial authority in Canada. You expected to inquire about their program and how it functions in the province/ territory you want to reside in Canada. This is because each province has its skilled trade requirements and assessment of each trade.
Canada Experience Class (CEC):
This is for international students and foreign workers who have Canadian experience. It provides an opportunity of obtaining a permanent residence.
- Candidates must have one year of skilled, technical, or professional work experience in Canada within the space of 3 years of the application date
- Language proficiency criteria must be met by candidates
Express Entry Immigration to Canada takes six months or less to process. This is inclusive of submitting the profile to the final issuance of a permanent resident visa.