You might have so many reasons why you want to study in Canada. Canada has been known as one of the places to have successfully established itself as one of the most famous for international students.
There are so many advantages why you should choose to study in Canada. Apart from Canada having some world top universities or being a multicultural country, Canada allows you to work while you study.
How to Work and Study in Canada in 2022
This article is a guide on how you will gain admission into a Canadian university and also get a job that can help you to manage your finances as you study.
- Best Cheapest Universities in Canada.
- Canadian Student Visa.
- How Express Entry Works.
- Fastest Ways to Immigrate to Canada.
Steps you need to Study and Work in Canada
- Choose a Course: knowing the course you wish to study before anything else is a must. You would also need to make sure that you would excel in the field that you are studying. This is the first step and is very crucial. If you choose a course beyond your capabilities it might lead to failure, waste of finance, and other demerits. But if you choose the right course it would lead to high grades and maybe a chance to earn a scholarship in Canada.
- Apply for Canadian Higher Education Provider that is recognized and get your Acceptance Letter:
If you are certain that you know the right course to study, then, you are free to apply at any Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs). However, not all Canadian universities receive international students, that is why applying at only a Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs) comes in handy. But you need not worry because there are lots of Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs) you can choose to apply to.
- Language Proficiency Test: this test is to help you to ascertain your fluency in the English or French language. The most popular English test in IELTS. Still, there are many other tests like TOEFL Ibt, C1 Advanced, and PTE Academic that are also accepted. During your study permit application, one of the above tests would be needed.
- Get a Study Permit Application:
This permit enables you to work alongside your studies in Canada. You can effortlessly learn how to get a study permit.
As an international student in Canada, you can get part-time work that will last (up to 20 hours a week) during school terms and might also work as full-time staff during expected breaks like summer vacation.
What is Required to Work while you Study
A study permit gives you the guarantee to work as you study in Canada. But there are many roles in guiding this. Your permit will determine If you can work while you study.
This is if it’s written in your permit that you can work as you study. If so, you then apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN).
It is very important if you want to work while you study in Canada. You can still amend your study permit If your study didn’t say so.
However, some conditions might hinder you from working as a student. They are stated below
- If your study program is not up to six months in duration
- When you are a visiting or exchange student
Benefits of Working and Studying in Canada
Working while studying in Canada comes with loads of benefits. You stand to gain a lot if you are given the opportunity. Here are some of the benefits;
- Valuable work experience
- Managing and controlling your finances easily.
- Connect with more people outside your study environment.
How You Can acquire a Job in Canada as an International Student
As an international student, here is some useful information that can help you secure a job in Canada.
- Make ready with a Well-Written Resume (CV) and Cover Letter
- Go out and search for available jobs.
- Search for jobs on websites like Monster, Indeed, and so many others.
- Make good use of the social media
What is the Cost of Studying in Canada?
Studying in Canada is very reasonable especially when it is compared to the USA, UK, and Australia. If you want access to an affordable university in Canada, check a list of the cheapest universities in Canada for international students
Can I study for free in Canada? If So, How Can I?
Yes, studying for free in Canada is possible and achievable. With so many scholarships available in Canada for undergraduates and graduates of international students, your dream of studying for free is very attainable.
The scholarships in Canada are offered by both the Canadian government and other higher institutions to help international students who are eligible to gain access to quality education free of charge.
The Canadian government has a very palatable system. It has given students both local and international the opportunity to work while schooling.
However, to work your student permit must say so. And must not be carried away with working if not you will lose both your work and school. If you perform poorly academically
Leave a Comment