Petroleum Engineering: In this article, we will be lecturing you all on the detailed Jamb Subject Combination And O’Level Requirement For Petroleum Engineering in any of the Nigerian Universities. This will strongly take effect in the new academic session of 2020/2021.
Must Read: JAMB Subject Combination & Level Requirement for Marine Engineering
It’s a pleasure we make it known to you Petroleum Engineering is simply the search for reservoirs containing oil and natural gas.
When these things have been discovered, they determine the drilling methods that can be used to monitor drilling and production operations.
Also Read: JAMB Subject Combination & Requirement For Civil Engineering
JAMB UTME Subject Combination For Petroleum Engineering
It will be good if you score 180-200 in your jamb examination in other to be considered for admission in any of the Nigerian Universities to study Petroleum. If you score less the required pass mark, you will be expected to choose Polytechnics or college of Education.
The Respective JAMB UTME subject combination for Petroleum Engineering is
- Use of English
WAEC Subject Combination For Petroleum Engineering
If you so desire to study Petroleum Engineering in, you are expected to pack at least five (5) credit In your O’Level Exams. Be rest assured that the subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE. Below is the Waec Subject combination for Petroleum Engineering.
- English Language
- Any other Science subject
- A trade subject
Direct Entry Requirement For Petroleum Engineering
Candidates must make sure they possess an A’ level passes which include Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Places you can work As A Petroleum Engineer
- Engineering Assistant
- Engineer Trainee
- Finance Executive & Operator
- Customer Support Manager-Petroleum Segment
- Sales and Marketing Manager-Petroleum Segment
- Trainee Engineer-Process
- Sr. Application Sales Engineering-Chemicals
- Design Engineer-Civil/ Structural
- Technical Project Manager-Petroleum & Reservoir
- Manager-Petrol Pump
- Junior Engineering Assistant-Instrumentation
Universities Offering Petroleum Engineering In Nigeria
Candidates can check out the below Universities offering Petroleum Engineering In Nigeria.
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano (BUK)
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Covenant University Ota
- The Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- The Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) with options in (i) Drilling & Exploration Engr. Technology. (ii) Reservoir Eng. Tech. (iii) Natural Eng. Tech. (iv) Petroleum Production Eng.
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Igbinedion University Okada (IBU)
- Madonna University, Okija (MU)
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology Okitipupa (OSUSTECH)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
Leave a Comment